- Oklahoma - Winning on the road is always hard. Defending your #1 overall status against another top 5 team in Florida is saying something. This is the team to beat.
- Alabama - Destroying a cupcake while the other top team in the country is wiping out (possibly) the best team in another BCS conference means you sit tight....lose a few coaches/press votes too.
- LSU - The defense Les Miles has put together is going to take this team far. The challenges don't stop this week against a pretty good West Virginia team. Then a "week off" against Kentucky before Florida comes to town. Will it ever stop?
- Boise State - The same Toledo team that gave Ohio State fits could come close to the Boise Blue Broncos.With Alabama v LSU guaranteeing at least one ahead of them will lose is nice, but they need the SEC to beat up on themselves or Oklahoma to slip if they're going to make National Title noise.
- Stanford - This game was on late and I was at a house party, so I have no idea how good they looked. But a 27 point victory against a conference foe looks pretty solid. No movement here.
- Oregon - Another top team that can't improve in my book because nobody above them loses or even has a close call. No immediate threats on the radar for a few weeks.
- Texas A&M - The first movement in my top 10! Although, it's only because Florida State was the old #7, and a loss is a loss in my book. You have to fall a few spots. Meanwhile the Aggies whipped the Vandals for a boost in my rankings.
- Wisconsin - These guys may jump A&M very soon (Nebraska in 2 weeks?) because they are dominant. Great opportunity to showcase their talent at a big venue (although, it holds about 25,000 less than their home stadium) by destroying Northern Illinois.
- Oklahoma State - Lots of points scored, but too many given up against Tulsa. This week's matchup at TAMU will likely send one of these two Big XII (X?) powers outside of my Top 10.
- Florida State - This is still a good team. They pulled even with the Sooners early in the 4th quarter before Oklahoma put it away. And with Miami in the doghouse and Virginia Tech looking shaky once already this year, watch out for FSU to win out and put themselves back into the Title conversation.
- Virginia Tech
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- South Florida
- Ohio State
- Michigan State
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Top 25 - 9/20/11
A few days late. My apologies....family in town this weekend. Here weeeee goooooooo!