SportsTemps home

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bring Clarity Soon (BCS) - 11/6/11

The new "Game of the Century" didn't disappoint in intensity, but 15 points scored over 60 minutes of football is definitely disappointing for the casual CFB fan. So I think everyone will agree that LSU and Bama have positioned themselves for a BCS National Championship rematch IF the other major players falter. And sadly, I think they will. Which means we're headed for our 6th (?!) straight SEC representation as national champion.

Oh, and Nebraska disappoints me every time I put them anywhere near that top 10.

I need a drink.

  1. LSU - You watched it. Your mother watched it. It's official. The defense is insane. The offense is good enough. Les Miles can't even screw this up.......can he?
  2. Stanford - Nope, didn't watch this one. But Andrew Luck's stat line was good enough. 200 yards and 3TDs. Only 1 INT. Is he the Heisman winner? I'm not sure, but he's gonna be there for the show.
  3. Boise State - Not easy for me to keep the Blue Broncos ahead of OSU Cowboys, but you've heard me sing about bad victories long enough. I will let Ok State jump them once they beat the Sooners.
  4. Alabama - 3 point victory in OT for LSU. 3 spot drop in my poll. That Trent Richardson fumble out of bounds early in the game kinda reminds us all that he IS human after all.
  5. Oregon - I think we all know by now that the Ducks have a strong offense and a questionable defense. The real test is next week vs. Stanford. If you're a fan of underdogs, cheer for Boise and cheer for Oregon too.
  6. Oklahoma State - See comments at pt. 3 above. Beat Oklahoma and you will have your respect and vindication. Nobody believes Kansas State is THAT good, so you're just proving my #6 ranking is accurate.
  7. Oklahoma - Escaped a real tussle with Texas A&M. I kinda sorta wanted the Aggies to take this one and help Boise get closer to a title shot. FYI, Landry Jones 2 TDs, 255 yds, 0 INTs.
  8. Arkansas - Knew they would beat South Carolina. Knew it wouldn't be very close. Nebraska may "gain" a spot, all things considered, for this blowout.
  9. Virginia Tech - Bye week. Georgia Tech on deck.
  10. Clemson - I hate to jump a bye week team multiple spots, but there's very few alternatives today.
  11. Houston
  12. Penn State
  13. Wisconsin
  14. South Carolina
  15. Nebraska
  16. Michigan State
  17. Michigan
  18. Penn State
  19. Georgia
  20. Cincinnati
  21. Texas
  22. Georgia Tech
  23. Kansas State
  24. Southern Miss
  25. USC

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Big Ten is a mess.
The Oregon-Stanford game may be the most exciting one all season. I'll find a way to watch that one.